Welcome to White Rock Elementary!
We are glad you have joined our school community. We have an amazing school built around our staff, neighborhood, business community and students. Please look around the PTA website--we hope to answer many of your questions here!
As we begin a new school year, we encourage you to visit the WRE Store to get ready for school to begin in August. This is where you can join PTA, order school supplies, spirit wear, yearbooks, auction tickets and make donations. Some of the items may only be purchased during this "summer store" so be sure to shop for everything you may want/need. Items you order will be available for pick up (if applicable) at the Meet the Teacher on August 13th. Please be sure to complete the following at the WRE Store (open July 2-16, 2019):
- Enter Family information & Directory preferences in the “Parent, Student & Faculty Information” for all students enrolled at WRE (Students with Multiple households need both parents to enter “Parent, Student & Faculty information” (duplicate student data is accepted)
- Enter your email address which automatically subscribes you to our weekly newsletters “The Seahawker” and “Etc. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- Join PTA (Membership), our goal is a membership for EACH student-A Voice for Every Child. Sign your students up too--every membership helps us reach our goals!
- Order School Supplies (if you wait to order at Meet the Teacher on Aug. 13th there could be a 2 week delay). All supplies are SHARED so skip the stress and order through the WRE Store. School Supplies will be delivered directly to your child's classroom!!
- Order Spirit Wear--this will be your only opportunity to order spirit wear-don't miss out!
- Order a Yearbook
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form--tell us how you would like to get involved!
- Become a Friend of White Rock Elementary--this is our PTA Operating Budget Fundraiser--we rely on these donations to support and allow PTA to put on events like Muffins with Mom, Donuts with Dad, Talent Show, Picnics, Staff Appreciation Week, Art Assemblies and SO MUCH MORE!!
- Purchase Auction Tickets--Don't miss the fundraising event of the year, Bright Lights, White Rock Nights on November 9, 2019. Monies raised go to support WRE.
- Set up Student Paypams - account for students to purchase food in the cafeteria.
Any questions, please reach out to Melissa Duffield, PTA President.
- School starts at 7:50 a.m.
- Students arriving between 7:30 a.m. – 7:40: must be dropped off in the front or the back of the school and can eat breakfast or sit in the gym until the 7:40 bell rings.
- Students arriving between 7:40 a.m. – 7:50: may be dropped off and enter the building through the front, back, main entrance or the two west facing exterior doors indicated on the map.
- Students arriving after 7:50 a.m.: must enter through the front doors.
- Students arriving for Xplore (doors open at 6:30 a.m.): must enter through the front
- Any students who arrive after 7:50 a.m. will be marked tardy.
- Students who arrive after 8:05 a.m. will receive a partial day absence and it will count towards truancy.
- Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Friends of WRE
Thank you to the following families for being a "Friend of WRE" for the 2018-2019 School Year!